Reykjavik Open 2018
Tournament Regulations :
- 9 rounds swiss system open international chess tournament
- Accelerated pairings
- Swiss system by Swiss Manager. http://swiss-manager.at/
- FIDE norms possible.
- Rate of play : is 90 min for 40 moves + 30 minutes after move 40. Increment of 30 sec. for every move starting from move one.
- FIDE rules apply, but article 6.6a will be enforced in following manner: Any player who arrives at the chessboard later than 30 minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game
- The players are not allowed to offer a draw to their opponent before thirty (30) moves have been completed by both players.
- Rule regarding mobile phones 11.3.b. : During a game, a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone, electronic means of communication or any device capable of suggesting chess moves on their person in the playing venue. However, such devices can be stored in a player’s bag, as long as the device is completely switched off. A player is forbidden to carry a bag holding such a device, without permission of the arbiter. If it is evident that a player has such a device on their person in the playing venue, the player shall lose the game. The opponent shall win.
- Direct encounter
- The greater number of wins
- The greater number of games with Black (unplayed games shall be counted as played with White)
- Median Buchholz
- Players are allowed two half-point byes in rounds 1-7, provided they give adequate notice and sign the bye-request paper by the arbiters’ table.
- Please note that to take a bye in the 1st round you need to confirm your participation with pre-payment.